A Burnet, Texas woman has been sentenced to life in prison for sexually abusing and torturing her children in a sexual abuse and torture case that local authorities claim is one of the worst they’d ever seen.

49-year-old Misty Rae Hopkins was convicted earlier this week on numerous counts of aggravated sexual assault and indecency with a child.

Mrs. Hopkins and her late husband, a church pastor, sexually abused their four kids for years. Officials say the children were isolated in the home and kept out of school.

One daughter was abused starting at just seven years old, and it went on until she was 21, when she left the home with her siblings and notified the police.




Two California men were charged with hate crimes Friday for the brutal beating of a Sikh man.

31-year-old Chase Little (above), as well as 24-year-old Colton Leblanc (not pictured) were both charged for the terrorizing September 25th incident, which also saw the victim’s hair forcibly cut.

41-year-old Maan Singh Khalsa (below) was punched by the two men multiple times and his turban was knocked off of his head through the open driver side window of his car as he was driving home


A group of five men in a truck, which included Little and Leblanc, had thrown beer cans at his car before the two men jumped out and attacked him at the next red light.

“Cut off his fucking hair!” the men yelled at the two attackers as they forced his head down and used a knife to cut off a large amount of his hair, which is religiously mandated.

Mr. Khalsa, who works as an IT specialist with the Social Security Administration, escaped the onslaught by speeding away from the scene. He and another motorist had called 911 and a California Highway Patrol police dispatcher recorded parts of the attack.


Khalsa had nerve damage and needed stitches for a knife wound. That knife wound caused an infection requiring part of his pinky finger to be amputated. He suffered a lack eye, seriously damaged teeth and several cuts to his left hand as well.

Little and Leblanc have been charged with assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury, and assault with a deadly weapon.


Each of those charges carries enhancements for hate crimes and great bodily injuries.The bodily injury enhancements can add an additional six years in prison each for the two men if they’re convicted.

The hate crime enhancements carry up to eight additional years each.




An Ohio man who was convicted of beating and starving his 2-year-old daughter has been given the death sentence.

34-year-old Glen Bates (above) showed no emotion when the sentence was handed down Monday for the aggravated murder of 2-year-old Glenara Bates, which he was found guilty of last month.

The little girl’s mother, 30-year-old Andrea Bradley (below), was also charged with aggravated murder, and is due in court Tuesday. She’s expected to plea.

The jury believed that Mr. Bates was thee “the principal offender.”


The couple’s 10-year-old daughter testified during his trial and said that she’d seen Bates take the tiny victim by the legs and fling her body against a wall, causing her to hit her head. She added that she’d then seen the little girl motionless with her eyes closed the next day.

She was only 13 pounds at the time of her death in March of 2015.

She’d had bruises, belt and bite marks, and a large gash on her forehead that had been sewn back together with thread.

Andrea Bradley’s other six children are in the custody of relatives or family services.




A Pennsylvania man has been sentenced for beating and pulling the teeth of his girlfriend’s autistic 4-year-old son.

28-year-old Nicholas Kernechel had agreed to watch the boy so his girlfriend could go out with friends on the night of July 18, 2015.

When she returned home, she says she found her son asleep on the floor of his bedroom with his face beaten, his lips swollen, and three of his teeth missing.

According to medical staff, the boy’s teeth were extracted; not the result of being dropped and his face hitting a nightstand, as Mr. Kernechel contended.

He was sentenced to two-to-10 years in state prison, with time served, on charges of simple assault, endangering the welfare of a child, recklessly endangering another person, and false reporting.

He narrowly avoided a felony charge as a part of a plea deal that the prosecution offered to keep the victim from having to testify.




A mother who brutally murdered her daughter has now been given a taste of it in prison.

23-year-old Kathryn Smith was found guilty back in April of murdering her daughter by punching her in the chest.

The 21-month-old girl’s words as her mother and father beat were, “Stop mummy, stop daddy,” according to neighbors back in May of 2014.

She’d suffered a tear to her heart from trauma caused by blows to her chest.

She’d been hit with so much force that she’d bitten through her own tongue.

Ms. Smith, who’s now serving 24 years, was attacked by two inmates in a stairwell which didn’t have video surveillance. Ten other inmates watched it unfold.

She’s said to have howled in pain as she was punched and stabbed with a homemade knife during the attack which lasted roughly four minutes. It left her with a cut that was nearly an inch long across her cheek.

“There had been a lot of talk about attacking Smith, but most people wouldn’t go through with it as they don’t want time added on to their sentences,” a source who witnessed the attack said. “But these two really went for it and left her in a bad way.”

“No one had any sympathy for Smith. Some staff were saying, ‘What goes around comes around.’”

A prison official denied that a weapon was used against her, and claims disciplinary action has been taken against her attackers.




A mother and her boyfriend have been charged with child abuse after they allegedly put her child in a dryer.

25-year-old Heather Rowland and 37-year-old Eric Chambers were arrested after minor injuries were spotted on the child by authorities notified of the incident.

The child has been put into the custody of relatives.

The couple are now residing in the Alamance County Jail on charges of misdemeanor child abuse. Chambers was given an additional charge of assault on a child under 12.

Ms. Rowland is being held on a $2,500 bond, and Mr. Chambers is being held on a $5,000 bond.




A Colorado father stands accused of trying to kill his two-year-old son by intentionally wrecking his car.

29-year-old Nathan Weitzel told investigators that being a father was too big of a responsibility, and that he didn’t think he was “man enough to raise a child.” He estimates he was driving around 75 mph at the time.

He unbuckled young Isaiah and then sped up, crashing into several cars.

The violent incident ripped a muscle in his neck, and he’s now in a neck brace and had 30 stitches put in his head. He remains hospitalized and on oxygen.


“I was trying to kill my son,” he confessed to police.

He’s been charged with attempted first-degree murder and various other counts in connection with the August 21st incident.

A GoFundMe page has since been set up for the victim.




A lover who received a cold shoulder at a nightclub cried rape against an innocent man. It cost cops boatloads and her her freedom.

Belfast cops spent £10,000 ($13,000) on the investigation which turned out to be completely false.

22-year-old Lisha Tait claimed she’d been sexually assaulted after essentially only being ignored in a Belfast nightclub by the man she’d had at least one previous liaison with.

She pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice in Belfast Crown Court.

She was charged for making a false report and two false written statements to authorities on dates between July 6th and August 15th back in 2013.

The series of events in question started in the early hours of July 7th when cops received a call from the an ambulance service for a “distressed woman”.

She was taken to a Sexual Assault Referral Center in Antrim where she’d been examined. She made a formal complaint claiming a man she knew had raped her at the Odyssey nightclub.

On August 13th, Ms. Tait made a written statement claiming this man had spoken to her in the club before he grabbed her and sexually assaulted her outside.

On September 4th, the accused man went to a police station voluntarily, and was questioned for roughly two hours.

He admitted he’d spoken to her in the club, but said he never left the club and vehemently denied her allegations.

He went on to tell police that the two of them had “been together consensually that week”.

He then gave a DNA sample.

During the investigation, cops watched surveillance video which showed a visibly intoxicated Tait leaving the club alone and getting into a taxi.

She was interview again by investigators on September 16th and told them that she then wanted to tell the truth.

That’s when she admitted that she’d made the story up on the basis that the man had given her the cold shoulder in the club.

She showed remorse and apologized for wasting their time, according to Crown prosecutor Simon Jenkins.

Her attorney said she had issues with alcohol and mephodrone misuse.

She was given nine years.




Police have arrested an Arkansas couple for allegedly zip-tying their 4-year-old daughter to her bed as a punishment.

Jennifer Denen and her boyfriend, Clarence Reed, were arrested last week on suspicion of domestic battery, permitting the abuse of a minor, and endangering the welfare of a minor.

Cops had been called to the Cooper-Anthony Mercy Child Advocacy Center after staff there determined the girld had been abused.

According to the incident report, she had bruises, a black eye, scars and ligature marks on her wrists.

The young victim is now in state custody.

The couple remain housed in the Garland County jail, both charged with first degree domestic battery, permitting child abuse, and first degree endangering the welfare of a minor.




A Georgia man has been sentenced to four years in prison for using a blowtorch to set a doghouse on fire with the dog locked inside of it.

23-year-old Caleb Lanier was convicted of felony animal cruelty and second-degree criminal damage to property after authorities in Atlanta say the dog suffered burns to 60% of her body.

The dog, which is his brother’s, was attacked with the blowtorch in May of 2015. Lanier then sealed her inside the doghouse and set it ablaze.


Veterinarian Regan Buford has adopted the dog and helped her through the recovery. She named her Sweet Potato Fry.“

Lanier was purportedly once an honor roll student “with a promising future,” according to friends and family.

The prosecution asked for an eight-year sentence, but the Cobb County judge gave him four years in prison and six years of probation.



Police in Kentucky are on the hunt for an arsonist who was captured on security camera setting his own leg on fire while trying to ignite a local business.

A woman is seen getting out of a van, then returning moments later. The man is then seen emerging and holding a Molotov cocktail.

When he lobs the volatile object, he inadvertently sets his own left leg and foot alight. He then takes off in a fiery panic while trying to put out the flames.

He finally throws himself onto the grass and extinguishes the fire. He then returns to the original scene nearby, adds more fuel to the fire – the one he intended to set – gets back into the van, and it drives away.

The search continues.




A New York teen boy has been arrested after attempting to rape a 13-year-old girl.

17-year-old Garry Pinkney has been charged with attempted rape, robbery, burglary, and a criminal sex act after the incident in the Bronx.

He was hand- and ankle-cuffed, remaining silent as he was led out of the Bronx Special Victims police station Sunday.

He stands accused of following the younger victim into an elevator inside a building at around 1 p.m. He’s said to have then convinced the girl to let him go into her apartment.

Once the two were inside, the knife-wielding suspect demanded money. When she refused, he forced her to perform oral sex on him and tried to rape her, authorities say.

He’s then said to have taken her book bag and run off.

The Young victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.




A New York stepmother from Queens was convicted Friday of assault and child endangerment after horrific abuse of her then-12-year-old stepdaughter.

35-year-old Sheetal Ranot was found guilty of using a shattered metal broom handle to hit the girl, cutting the young victim’s wrist so deeply that it hit the bone. She then left her in a pool of blood.

The had child withstood torture from both Ranot and her husband Rajesh for close to two years in their home.

The pair locked the victim girl in her bedroom without food or water for extended periods of time, causing her weight to plummet to just 58 pounds.

After the three-week jury trial and subsequent conviction, she still maintains her innocence and her attorney says she’ll appeal.

She now faces up to 25 years in prison.

Her husband, Rajesh, will see his day in court at a later date. He’s been charged with assault, unlawful imprisonment, and child endangerment.

The girl has since been removed from the couple’s home.




A Pennsylvania man was arrested after attempting to flush an infant down a toilet when a domestic dispute escalated to epic proportions.

31-year-old Dennis Gateley and woman were arguing at a home at about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, when he’s alleged to have thrown punches and caused the baby’s head to hit a wall..

Gateley was in a heated and physical argument with the woman others who were trying to get the baby out of his arms when he went into a bathroom in the home and was purportedly seen trying to shove the six-week-old baby’s head into the toilet in an apparent effort to drown him.

A witness told authorities that she’d seen the enraged man throw the baby’s crib at the family, pointing at them and saying to her, “I’m going to kill them” before going into a bedroom where he keeps his guns.

The terrified family were finally able to rescue the baby and ran outside.

Gateley, who had since retrieved a gun, stayed inside. Then SWAT was called.

Sonya Toler, the Pittsburgh Public Safety Spokeswoman, says that, luckily, negotiators were able to de-escalate the situation and convince him to surrender. That was over two hours after it all began.

After Mr. Gateley was taken to the hospital for a dog bite, he’s said to have become enraged at officers.

He’s been charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, and multiple firearms violations.




An elderly convicted sex offender was caught at a public pool exposing himself and fondling himself in front of at least two underage teen girls.

90-year-old Lloyd K. Rudy has been charged with fifth-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony, in connection with the incident that occurred this past Tuesday at the Edina Aquatic Center’s municipal pool.

A 14-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl told cops that they’d seen Mr. Rudy fondling himself and “looking around the pool area,” according to the criminal complaint.

When he was questioned by responding officers, he admitted to touching himself while watching “pretty ladies” at the pool.

He was arrested and was found to have a bag with him that had three sex toys in it.

He was booked into jail before bonding out later that evening.

He was convicted back in 1983 on a second-degree criminal sexual conduct charge. It was because of that conviction that this one was made a felony.



A Maryland cop has been indicted for allegedly taking photos up the skirts of unsuspecting women, one of which was a fellow cop who was off duty.

Officer James Sims with Prince George’s County was indicted on four counts of visual surveillance with prurient interest, and two counts of misconduct in office for the offense.

He joined the department in 2010 and was suspended in June.

Back on that June day, he’s alleged to have taken an upskirt photo of an unidentified woman at a Sports Authority store. That woman, who was an off-duty officer, chased him out of the store.

He then jumped into his police cruiser and drove off.

He’s also been accused of taking inappropriate photos of female drivers while on duty.

Two are said to have happened during traffic stops, one at a Chipotle restaurant, and a separate incident at a Sports Authority store.

The Police Chief, Hank Stawinski, released a statement:

“We immediately took this case to the State’s Attorney’s Office in anticipation of criminal charges being placed against POFC Sims. I find the conduct alleged to be disgusting. Policing is an honorable profession. One of service. One built on trust. If proven true, he will have betrayed the trust of this community.”



A Georgia woman accused in the overdose death of her nine-month-old grandson was arrested after cops looked for her for over a month.

45-year-old Tonya Monroe was taken into custody this past Thursday and charged with murder, possession of meth, and first degree cruelty to children for the incident, which occurred back on March 11th and resulted in the death of her grandson, Kobe Shaw.

She was named as the suspect in the beginning of the murder investigation, and warrants had been obtained in mid June, but authorities had trouble finding her.

After a search that spanned at least three counties, she was found in Paulding County, having changed her hair color.


It was back in March when Sandy Springs police had received a call concerning an unresponsive baby that, upon arrival, they’d found the boy already deceased.

At first, it had been believed that his death had come about due to his being born with an under-developed brain. But the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office determined the tiny boy had died of a meth overdose, which then led investigators to start a murder investigation.


The little boy’s mother, Taylor Shaw, told a new station that her and her husband had been living at her mother’s apartment temporarily and mentioned that her mother had a history of meth arrests.

While the motive hasn’t been determined yet, authorities believe the grandmother forced methamphetamine into young Kobe in a bid to kill him.

She’s now being held in the Fulton County Jail.




A Minnesota woman has been accused of starving and beating her nanny, a Chinese woman. She’s been charged with human labor trafficking, and four other felonies.

35-year-old Lili Huang was accused by her nanny, who isn’t being identified, but is 58 years old, of beating and starving her.

Police had found the nanny wandering the streets this past Thursday night, with two black eyes, broken ribs, and a broken sternum. A county attorney said her injuries were more like that of a slave than a nanny.

The nanny, through a translator, told authorities that she started working for Ms. Huang in Shanghai and moved to their home in Minnesota in March.

She’d been promised a room and $890 a month. She was forced to work 18 hours a day, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the family’s kids. All tallied up, it amounted to less than $2 an hour, which she claims she never received. She was purportedly never let out of the house, and was often beaten in front of the children.

When she told Ms. Huang that she wanted to return to China, she took her passport and said she wasn’t going anywhere,” according to the victim.

The abuse had apparently gone up a few notches this month. On July 4th, Huang grabbed her hair and slammed her head onto a table and various other objects.

She said she was so hurt by the beatings on July 10th, that she couldn’t even get up from her hands and knees for at least four hours.

On July 13th, Huang purportedly ran after her with a knife and threatened to kill her after she’d accidentally spilled food on the counter.

When the victim was found last Thursday, she’d told cops that she’d fled the house to find an airport so she could go home.

She claims she weighed 120 pounds when she arrived in the U.S., but after just four months in the Huang home, had plunged to 88 pounds. She says she was only given scraps of food.

Agents from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, as well as police from four different cities, arrested Ms. Huang.

While searching her home, they found a bag of hair under the victim’s mattress, which she says Huang had ripped out of her head. She says she’d hidden the hair so she wouldn’t be forced to eat it.

Ms. Huang was in court Friday, and was charged with five felonies; labor trafficking, seizing a passport while intending to violate labor trafficking, false imprisonment, assault with a dangerous weapon, and assault causing substantial bodily harm.

She’s being held on $1 million unconditional bail, and $350,000 conditional bail.

She’s next due in court on August 18th.




An Ohio woman has been sentenced to 51-to-life for trading her 11-year-old daughter’s body to her drug dealer, as needed, in exchange for heroin.

30-year-old April Corcoran was convicted on 27 various felonies, including trafficking in persons, complicity to rape, corrupting another with drugs, and endangering the welfare of a child.

She pleaded guilty June 9th for the horrific crimes she’d committed along with her drug dealer and co-defendant, 42-year-old Shandell Willingham (below) back in March of 2015.

He’s charged with 26 felonies, including rape, gross sexual imposition, trafficking in persons, and pandering sexually oriented materials involving a minor. He’d allegedly videotaped the vile sex acts in his residence.

The prosecutor, Katherine Pridemore, says the crimes the duo committed were so heinous, that she had trouble even reading some of the facts of the case in court.

“She didn’t have the cash or the means to buy her heroin anymore from her drug dealer, so she offered up her child,” she said in a press conference. “We all know drugs make you do things but at the same time, to offer up your child and you are the mother, it’s unfathomable.”

James Bogan, Ms. Corcoran’s attorney, said prosecutor’s had offered his client a plea-deal, which they rejected.


“My client does wish to take responsibility for her actions,” Bogan told reporters. “She does not wish to have her daughter go through further trauma by having to testify at trial. She knows that a sentence that amounts to life in prison is a very realistic possibility.”

The crimes the pair committed have even drawn the attention of cops, politicians, and other elected officials across the state, who’ve seen a steep rise in heroin-related crimes in recent years.

“The reason we’re highlighting this today is because of the scourge that heroin has caused in our community,” said Hamilton County prosecutor Joseph Deters.

According to Deters, just last year, 298 Hamilton County residents died of heroin overdoses.

Ohio Attorney General Mike Dewine said that this case of human trafficking, the first Hamilton County has prosecuted in state court, was “just about as bad as anything I’ve ever seen.”

“Heroin destroys families,” he said. “Heroin causes people to care about nothing but feeding their habit.”

The victim is now living with her father and stepmother.

“She is doing as well as could be expected,” Pridemore said. “But when you’re that old and these atrocities have happened to you, I think she’ll always carry that with her.”

Mr. Willingham is due in court on August 10th.




A California woman has been accused of telling men on Craigslist to rape her ex-boyfriend’s pregnant wife.

29-year-old Michelle Suzanne Hadley is accused of going through and replying to ads for rape fantasies, posing as her ex-boyfriend’s new pregnant wife.

She gave the couple’s home address and several men showed up; one even attacked the shocked pregnant woman. Luckily, however, she was able to call for help.

Ms. Hadley had dated the victim’s husband for roughly two years.

She’s also accused of sending emails, threatening the woman and her unborn child.

The unnamed victim had filed a restraining order and it had been served to Hadley on June 6th, but she violated it just a few days later.

She was arrested on June 24th, and was released on $100,000 bail. She still sent threatening emails to the woman, though, and carried on replying to rape fantasy ads.

She’s been charged with one count each of stalking, stalking despite a restraining order, assault with the intent to commit a sexual offense during a first-degree burglary, making criminal threats, and six counts of attempted forcible rape.

She faces seven years to life in prison if she’s convicted.

She’s now being held again, this time on $1 million bail pending her arraignment on August 19th.



A drunk off-duty cop in Brooklyn, New York slammed his Dodge Durango into four people on a sidewalk this past Saturday, leaving one of them dead and three others in critical condition.

The fatality was a 21-year-old man whose parents haven’t been notified because they’re hiking in California.

The inebriated officer, 28-year-old rookie Nicholas Batka, was sound enough of state and mind to ask if he’d killed anyone right after the first responding officers arrived.

He was due to be at work at 7 a.m., just four hours after the avoidable tragedy. He tried to flee the scene, but was unable to move his car, according to a witness, identified as Kelly Convery.

She says she, along with everyone else immediately on the scene of the carnage, saw him switch jump from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat.

Brandon Smith, another witness, said, “People were trying to stop him from leaving.”

One held the door of the SUV closed so he couldn’t get out, according to another witness.


The alcohol-fueled accident occurred on Bedford Avenue near North Eighth Street, a block packed with people enjoying the popular bar scene.

One of those partiers was Officer Batka, who’d been drinking with other off-duty officers at a nearby bar.

The three critically injured survivors of the accident are expected to recover fully. They include a 24-year-old man, a 20-year-old woman, and a 23-year-old woman.

The disgraced officer has since been suspended from his job.

According to witness Kate Hanley, he “was really wasted”. “When they brought him out, he was conscious, but like someone that was blackout drunk. Four people had to get him out of the car. I heard people screaming and saw people lying all over the place. Just covered in blood and really badly ­injured,” she continued. “Someone in front of my stoop had a bone sticking out of his leg. People were screaming.”

Yet another witness, Angela Zielinski, had rushed to help one of the female victims.

“Her head, her leg were bleeding. She was squirming and squealing,’’ she said. Another man was impaled on a fence.

She says she yelled to the driver, “Dude, what the fuck?!? You just hit four people,’’ and says he just stared back at her with a blank look on his face.

She says Batka even flashed his badge to the crowd gathered around his car.

He refused to take a Breathalyzer test, but a blood sample was taken when he was transported to Weill Cornell for an exam. He was released to authorities who arrested him for manslaughter.

Upon his arraignment on Sunday morning, his bail was set at $300,000.

He posted bond and was released, due back on July 21st.




A Connecticut woman is in hot water, to put it lightly, after she helped set a fire that destroyed two businesses when someone took too long to pay her back some money she was owed. And in words that may well be making their first appearance in a crime story, a potato helped crack the case.

19-year-old Willow Martin, a stripper, is accused of setting a fire over a debt her ex best friend, Breonna Constantino, a fellow dancer at Hollywood Connecticut Strip Club, owed her.

That fire destroyed MTM Masonry and the Golden Wok Chinese restaurant back on September 15, 2015.

The friends became enemies after a trip to Wildwood, New Jersey where Willow loaned Breonna $1,200 for clothes, according to the warrant, and Breonna was taking her sweet time repaying that debt.

She was arraigned Wednesday on a variety of charges, including arson, and remains in custody in lieu of $110,000 bail at the women’s prison in Niantic.

Ms. Martin was also known for saying “I’ll burn their shit down” when she was upset with at someone, which didn’t help her case any. She even, at one point, had set fire to her own mother’s house when she was mad at her.

Willow Martin chose MTM Masonry as her target because it was owned by Breonna’s stepfather.

The big break in the case, however, came when said stepfather found a potato stuffed into the tailpipe of his van after learning of the fire. That potato, it turns out, had Ms. Martin’s then-boyfriend’s DNA on it.

The victim pulled the potato out of the tailpipe, took it with him, then gave it to cops, who had it analyzed for DNA.

State lab analysts found the DNA of 28-year-old Matthew Garguilo, who police already knew to be Ms. Martin’s boyfriend.

State police arson investigators, in the meantime, determined that the fire that destroyed MTM Masonry and the Golden Wok was arson, and that gasoline had been used to start it.

Willow flat refused to talk to state police, but Breonna told them about their recently ended friendship, all about the fallout over money, and her suspicion that her ex-bestie had been the one to set fire to her stepfather’s business. She also suspected Mr. Garguilo was somehow involved as well.

Garguilo sang like a bird to investigators and told them that Ms. Martin had set the fire, and even admitted he was with her when she did it.

The fire had followed many weeks of back-and-forth arguments over the money between Willow and Breonna, even though by the time the fire was set, Breonna had paid back most of the money. She only owed Willow $300-$400 more to be all paid up…and that was Willow’s own boyfriend telling authorities this.


Mr. Garguilo insists that he didn’t set the fire, and didn’t even want to help her. He says he only went along with it because he was scared that Willow would “find another guy”.

On the way to set the fire, he stopped at a gas station and filled a gas can he’d taken from his parents’ house. He says he filled the can because it was “the manly thing to fill it up,” but swears he wasn’t even the one who’d paid for that gas.

Once they arrived at MTM Masonry, he says he watched Willow break in through a window. He claims he stayed outside.

When she started the fire, an explosion threw her through a door “just like in the movies,” he told cops.

They then left, but returned to the scene later and high-fived each other.

Mr. Garguilo also says that Willow was the one that stuffed the potato into the tailpipe. He says his DNA was only on it because he’d handled it previously. Ironically, he told investigators, she’d even been pulled over by police just a few days after the fire, and had been asked by the officer why there was a potato in her purse.

A man who’d started dating Ms. Martin after Mr. Garguilo had, told detectives that she’d told him about the fire and potato too.

Her ex-beau was charged in connection with the fire, and now sits in jail on a $20,000 bail.

Willow Martin was charged with second-degree arson, third-degree burglary, possession of burglar’s tools, first-degree criminal mischief, attempted first-degree criminal mischief, and five counts of conspiracy.




A Tennessee grandmother was indicted this week for the murder of her two young granddaughters by fire back on April 1st.

Firefighters were called to the fire at just after 3 a.m. and while on their way, were informed that there were still two young kids trapped inside the home.

The tiny victims have been identified as six-month-old Ameya and one-year-old Jaleah. They were transported to Baptist Tipton where they were officially pronounced dead.

Jessica Cuningham, the mother of the two girls, wasn’t at the home at the time of the fire, but blamed her mother, Linda Anne Dunavant, for their deaths.


“You know your grandkids are in there, you ain’t tell the police, the ambulance or (nobody) …” she said to reporters.

The 51-year-old grandmother had suffered burns in the incident, and had been airlifted to the burn unit at Regional One Medical Center.

She was charged with two counts of first degree felony murder, two counts of aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated child neglect, and aggravated assault.

She remains held in the Tipton County Correctional Facility.



A West Virginia couple have been arrested and charged after their 3-year-old son died.

31-year-old Aaron Brendon Miles and 22-year-old Mariya Ajena Jones were arrested after first responders found their son deceased and showing multiple injuries Tuesday at their home.

They’ve been charged with child neglect resulting in death.

There’d been a call about a child in cardiac arrest, and firefighters and EMS responded at approximately 1:45 p.m.

Upon arrival, they found the boy cold to the touch and laying lifeless. He was pronounced dead later at Cabell Huntington Hospital.

Those first responders noted several injuries in various stages of the healing process on the little boy’s body while they tried to revive him. The injuries included his stomach being notably distended and hard to the touch, and marks on his genitals, according to the criminal complaint.

It turns out that Cabell County Child Protective Services had an open investigation going on and had been trying to reach the family of the boy for more than a month.

Ms. Jones said that Mr. Miles, had struck the tiny boy with a belt on multiple prior occasions when he’d misbehaved. But the injuries found on the boy’s body aren’t consistent with any marks a belt usually leaves.

Neither of the parents of the young boy were home at the time of his death. Jones says she was at the Department of Human Resources, and Miles says he was in another neighborhood located nearby.

Two other children, a 4-year-old girl and an 11-month-old infant, were found inside. They were immediately put into the care of CPS.


The couple were before the Cabell County Magistrate Court around 7:30 p.m. for their arraignment, where Mr. Miles said the little boy “had just been getting into stuff the past couple days.”

“He’d been eating feces. He was eating feces for the last two days. He was over yesterday eating out [of] the toilet,” he continued. “He put his head in the toilet and drank water out of the toilet.”

He said the infant had been “mischievous” over the past few days, so he’d made him do push-ups and bear crawls as a punishment.

Still waiting for the arraignment hearing to start, he said, “He’d been using the bathroom by himself for the last few days, so I laid him down in the bathroom so he could be closer to the toilet,” adding that he’d given him a glass of orange juice and a bottle of water. “I put him a pillow down, and I put him a sheet down just this morning,” he said.

He then gave uninvited advice to other parents: “If you can, don’t leave them unattended for no amount of time,” breaking into tears. “We wasn’t gone for more than 10 or 15 minutes.”

Both are being held on a $1 million bond.




An Indiana inmate serving a life sentence for molesting and murdering a 10-year-old girl apparently had her name forcibly tattooed on his forehead by fellow inmates.

39-year-old Anthony Ray Stockelman, who has since been removed from general population for his own safety, was convicted of molesting and drowning 10-year-old Katlyn “Katie” back in 2005.


A photo of his forehead (above) appeared this week on an online crime blog that focuses on crimes against women and children.

Two prison guards suspected of supplying the picture have been fired for making unauthorized copies of evidence photos.

The investigation is ongoing into the tattooing incident.



Three women, including two sisters, and a man have been arrested and charged for a Chicago home invasion that left one of their posse dead and another injured.

19-year-old Brandy Marshall (below) had met with the homeowner for paid oral sex twice. The crew attempted to rob that homeowner this past Tuesday night. It all went much, much differently than they’d planned.


It was after that second meeting that she hatched the plan with her sister, 20-year-old Paige Marshall (first below), 20-year-old Sarah Risner (second below) and 23-year-old Tyler Gulli (third below) to rob the man’s home during her next visit.

Their plans were shot to hell when the homeowner opened fire. That hail of gunfire killed 19-year-old Anthony Dalton (fourth below) and took out Gulli’s femur.

The two males were armed with knives and had brandished them before they were introduced to the bullets.

The homeowner, who has remained unidentified, does have a concealed carry permit.

The original plan was for Brandy and Ms. Risner to enter the house and open the door to let in the other three.


Risner then told the homeowner she needed to get condoms out of the car, but she wasn’t able to open the door to the home.

When the homeowner went to help her, he saw someone crouching outside.

He slammed the door shut, got his gun from the kitchen, and found all five suspects now inside.

That’s when he let loose a hail of gunfire.

Dalton suffered multiple gunshot wounds, was transported to hospital, and was later pronounced dead.

After the chaos, Risner, Brandy and Gulli fled the scene in the car they’d driven there. Paige, on the other hand, stayed behind somewhere outside the house.

She was arrested after coming out of the woods around the home when officers arrived at the scene.


The suspects in the car dropped the injured Gulli off at a hospital, where he’s being treated for his fractured femur.

Risner and Brandy were eventually found after Paige gave investigators information that led them to the car.

The four of them were charged with first-degree murder and home invasion.

Prosecutors say they’re also being held responsible for Mr. Dalton’s death because it occurred while they were committing a crime.


His death has been listed as a homicide, but charges haven’t been filed against the homeowner.

Thus far, it isn’t clear how Brandy and the homeowner had arranged her prior visits to his home.

Risner, Brandy and Paige are being held on $2 million bonds, and are due in court on August 3rd. Gulli will appear in court upon his release from the hospital.





A high school baseball star in Plano, Texas was arrested on aggravated sexual assault charges after he allegedly molested two young children at a daycare his mother ran.

17-year-old Zachary Alan Holifield, a Plano Senior High School student who had a scholarship to Oklahoma State, lived in the home that his mother ran a daycare out of, and where the alleged abuse occurred.


One of the victims was as young as five years old.

He was arrested on June 20th and charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child, and one count of indecency with a child by sexual contact.

He’s being held on $600,000 bail in the Collin County Jail.




A New Jersey man paid a Pennsylvania woman so he could sexually assault two young girls for six years.

While authorities haven’t said whether either of the adults are related to the girls, 51-year-old Alfredo Rosales and 44-year-old Esperanza Mani-Cortez have each been charged with three counts of aggravated sexual assault, two counts each of sexual assault and child endangerment, and one count each of aggravated criminal sexual contact.

Officials just learned Friday that Mr. Rosales might be engaging in sexual activity with a 14-year-old girl. An investigation determined that he’d been sexually assaulting that young victim and a 12-year-old girl. Bergen County prosecutors also learned that these unspeakable acts had been going on since 2010.

Ms. Mani-Cortez had provided the girls “in return for financial compensation.”




A 10-year-old Florida girl went to the hospital with stomach pains, and doctors learned she was pregnant.

The Special Victims Unit for the Fort Lauderdale Police met her at Broward Health Medical Center earlier this year.

46-year-old youth pastor Raymond Vincent is accused of being the man who impregnated her.

U.S. marshals tracked him down in Haiti. They flew him in from Port-au-Prince and turned him over to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

He was denied bond by a Broward County judge Saturday morning.

He’d been accused of molesting a child back in 2011 as well.

Police say he offered a girl food to lure her into his apartment. That girl says she was molested several times by the accused.

On Friday, he was charged with one count of sexual battery on a child, and one count of lewd and lascivious conduct, but investigators believe he may have abused other children during his time as a youth pastor in South Florida.

Police are asking anyone with information to call Detective Elijah Thomas at 954-828-6093.




A man and woman in Tennessee put another woman in critical condition after they stabbed her for spilling some cheese dip, causing her to crash her car.

Yolanda Tucker got upset when the unnamed victim spilled Rotel Cheese Dip, and Michael Weston happily handed her a knife to stab the victim for it.

The heavily bleeding victim crashed her car while trying to drive to a hospital.

She was taken to Methodist University Hospital in critical condition from the crash.

The duo were both arrested and charged with aggravated assault.