A young girl has died from crystal meth poisoning after drinking water allegedly left out overnight in a water bottle her mother used as a bong.

Sophia Larkson, 5, is understood to have drank the tainted liquid allegedly left out by her unemployed mother Stephanie Alvarado.

It is understood Sophia, from Rifle, Colorado had become thirsty in the middle of the night and consumed the water from a bottle her mother had been using as a pipe for crystal meth.

Alvarado, 26, had lost her job at a dental office due to her drug use. On the night of her daughter’s death on December 10, she and two cousins Daniel Alvarado, 27, and Bertha Karina Ceballos-Romo, 28, had been smoking the crystal meth at her house.

You Might Like