A 45-year-old married mother of three daughters in Connecticut was arraigned Monday.

Kyle Damato-Kushel was charged after a victim admitted the sexual affair had started in 2013 when he was in seventh grade.

The first assault occurred in what the victim referred to as her husband’s man cave, and later happened elsewhere in the house and locations around Stratford.


The two had sex almost nightly at the home. The boy would sneak in through an unlocked window while her husband was asleep, and leave around 4:30 a.m. before her husband awoke for work.

The couple’s daughters were home at the time, each time.

But during one of those forbidden nights, her husband heard sounds and called the police, assuming it was a burglary. When officers arrived, they found the boy, and that’s when the story got out.


The boy told officers that the first time they had sexual contact was in the summer after his seventh grade year, when Mrs. Damato-Kushel performed oral sex on him in her basement.

It also surfaced that she’d allegedly assaulted a friend of the 15-year-old victim.

Mrs. Damato-Kushel had been investigated before when the boy told a therapist that he’d cheated on his girlfriend with her mother, but no evidence to support those claims had been found. It was after this presumed break-in that the case was re-opened.


She’d sent the boy text messages offering him $900 if he would keep quiet about the sexual liaisons. She even advised him to open an online bank account so she could add money to it.

They also had unprotected sex each and every time, and the boy claims she got pregnant by him at least once, but miscarried.

Damato-Kushel’s DNA was found in the boy’s underwear.

She was fired from her position as a now-paraprofessional at Wooster Middle School in November as a result of the police investigation, according to the school district.


She wasn’t the boy’s teacher, and the school put her on administrative leave due to the inappropriate behavior, even though it had take place off-campus. When the allegations against here were substantiated, she was terminated.

She was charged with tampering with a witness as a result of the offer of money to stay quiet, and was also charged with second-degree sexual assault, fourth-degree sexual assault, risk of injury to a child, and interfering with an officer.

She was released after posting $50,000 bail.



You Might Like