A Florida man that started a large fire in his own home while trying to make butane hash oil (BHO), also known as marijuana wax, was arrested after it killed his two dogs.
24-year-old Steven Brown, along with “other accomplices” on September 3rd, was making the substance using a volatile method which uses highly flammable butane and marijuana to extract the THC from the plant.
It caught fire and caused an explosion. He chose to save himself and his drugs, but to leave two caged dogs behind to perish in the flames.
â€œI heard them burn up alive. They cried and then they stopped. It was sickening,â€ says a neighbor.
He’s been charged with possession of a place for purposes of manufacturing a controlled substance, arson, possession of a firearm, cocaine possession, suboxone possession, oxycodone possession, tampering with physical evidence, marijuana manufacturing, marijuana possession, aggravated cruelty to animals and, possession of drug paraphernalia.