The chilling 911 call made by 50-year-old Yvonne Ervin made Saturday morning has been released. She was calling with claims that her and her husband’s two sons, 22-year-old Christopher and 17-year-old Cameron were “trying to kill” them.

The two young men, according to Yvonne, had told them that they’d put Xanax in their food and drinks. When asked by the 911 dispatcher how she knew this, she replied, “Because that’s what they said after they started attacking us. That’s what they said.”

When they awoke, the two young men strangled them and then tried to shoot them.

Her husband, Zachary Ervin, had somehow gotten them into the garage long enough to keep them distracted so Yvonne could get upstairs to a phone and call 911.


She told the dispatcher, “We have a shotgun and a pistol in the house, and I can’t find my pistol so I’m assuming they’ve taken it…and they have the shotgun”

Yvonne was both lethargic and frantic during the call – and then she heard them asking “where mom went,” afraid they were going to come find her. Soon thereafter, she’s heard crying out, “The police are on their way! The police are on their way!” The line then goes dead.

Upon officers’ arrival, Zachary stumbled out of the garage and collapsed.

“He had a lot of head and body injuries from blunt force trauma and stab wounds on his back,” says Gwinnett County Police Sgt. Rich Long.

Cameron Ervin exited the house and was immediately detained.

When police entered the home, they found it in shambles. They, according to the incident report, ‘immediately noticed a large amount of blood on the floor.’

They found a shotgun in the basement covered in blood. It was the only weapon that was found.

Yvonne was found lying next to her bed. She, too, had blunt force trauma, ‘but not as severe as [Zachary],’ according to Sgt. Long.

Christopher Ervin was found face-down and unresponsive in an upstairs bathroom. It’s believed that he suffered his injuries as he and his father fought over the shotgun.

He, too, was taken into custody.

Also according to Sgt. Long, it could have been much worse; the boys had ‘introduced natural gas into the house’ and were likely planning on burning the Georgia home down.

Yvonne has been released from the hospital, and Zachary is still being treated for his injuries.

Christopher and Cameron Ervin have both been charged with two counts of felony aggravated assault and two felony counts of first degree arson.

As far as motive for the attack, Yvonne surmised during the 911 call that she didn’t know, but that it ‘could be for insurance money’.