Operation Blind Date, an Internet child sex sting operation run by Osceola County detectives, netted 10 suspects charged with soliciting sex from a child via the Internet and â€˜other sex-related crimes,â€™ officials said today.
The operation went on or four days and had detectives posing as juveniles online.
The men who were collared actually traveled to a location in Kissimmee to meet and have sex with who they thought was a young girl, and one even brought his two-year-old child along.
Authorities said quite a few of the suspects were very descriptive about what they wanted to do when they met â€˜herâ€™.
Osceola County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said, “The scary part of it is, we caught 10 individuals. But we chatted with many, many other individuals that either couldn’t make arrangements, or didn’t make arrangements to meet what they thought was a juvenile.”
The following are those who were arrested:
– Jonathan Diperna, 25, of Davenport
– Eliot Libby, 32, of Poinciana
– Anthony Maisonave, 22, of Ocoee
– Steven Morales, 24, of Kissimmee
– Steve Nichols, 23, of St. Cloud
– Alfonso Pena-Nopal, 38, of Lake City
– Eric Redmond, 37, of St. Cloud
– Chad Valenti, 32, of Orlando
– Carlshay Williams, 20, of Winter Park
– Christopher Wilson, 28, of Sarasota.
They were all booked into the Osceola County Jail.