An elementary school teacher and mother of three from Mississippi intentionally drove her SUV into a lake with her two-year-old daughter in the car, police say.

On September 21, 34-year-old Cari Campbell Cullum allegedly backed her SUV off a boat ramp at the Columbus Lock and Dam with her toddler daughter inside.

Authorities at the Columbus Police Department don’t believe it was an accident.

Police Chief Fred Shelton said: ‘This is a tragic case and we believe this was not an accident.’

According to a press release from Columbus Information Officer Joe Dillon, Cullum is the mother of three children. The press release states police believe she intentionally drove her vehicle into Columbus Lake with her youngest child inside the vehicle.

“Following a detailed investigation, we have charged Ms. Cullum with attempted murder. This is a tragic case, and we believe this was not an accident. Our investigation continues into the incident. Her children are in the care of another person at this time,” Shelton said in the press release.

When police arrived, Cullum and her daughter had already been pulled from the car by a friend. The friend told police he had to break a car window to remove the pair. The incident was called into 911 at 3:19 a.m. on Sept. 21, according to the press release.

The press release states the car was in the water on the boat ramp at the Columbus Lake off Wilkins Wise Road when the CPD and Columbus Fire and Rescue officials arrived. The car had been backed into the lake. Police are not saying how much of the car was submerged.

Cap has taken to a life of crime after the avengers broke up it appears.

According to WABG in Greenville, Clarksdale police responded to the 1500 block of Lee Drive just after 3 a.m. Tuesday.

When officers arrived, the homeowner had 36-year-old David Hobbs held at gunpoint.

Hobbs was dressed in a Captain America costume. According to the homeowner, he was alerted by his alarm and exited his home, armed with a handgun and found Hobbs breaking into his shed.

Hobbs was taken into custody and he was expected to appear in Clarksdale municipal court Tuesday at 2:00 pm on a burglary charge.

Justice has been served to a man that made up a hate crime after HE burned a church down and tried blaming it on Trump supporters

A member of an African American church in Mississippi has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for burning the church, which was also spray painted with “Vote Trump” a week before the 2016 presidential election.

WLBT-TV reports 47-year-old Andrew McClinton was sentenced Thursday in Greenville. Circuit Judge Margaret Carey-McCray also gave him 10 years of supervised release after the 10 in prison. McClinton pleaded guilty to arson on March 28.

Investigators said McClinton belonged to the church that was vandalized and burned, Hopewell Missionary Baptist in Greenville.

A former Mississippi Gulf Coast police officer has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the death of her three-year-old daughter, who was left in a patrol car while her mother had sex with a supervisor.

Cassie Barker, 29, received the maximum sentence for manslaughter on Monday in Harrison County court after having pleaded guilty last month in the September 2016 death of her daughter Cheyenne Hyer.

Barker admitted to leaving Cheyenne strapped in a car seat in her patrol car for four hours while the mother was with her then-supervisor, Sgt Clark Ladner, at his home in Kiln after wrapping up a 12-hour shift just before 9am.

The car’s air conditioning was turned on, but it wasn’t blowing cold air. Outside the car, temperatures reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day.